The Benefits of Remodeling
Remodeling your existing home instead of building something new offers several benefits for both cost savings and environmental advantages. Consider these benefits:
- Remodeling greatly reduces the cost of purchasing a new home.
- Remodeling involves less work than moving, and less work means less stress.
- The money you save in the initial remodel costs (over what you would’ve spent on a new home) can be put toward nicer finishes and appliances.
- Upgrading your appliances to energy-efficient models will lower your monthly utility bills.
Questions to Consider
If you’re not sure whether to remodel or buy a different home, ask yourself some questions:
- Is my home uncomfortable?
- Do I need more storage?
- Do I have mold issues?
- Is there any minor dry rot in the wood in the home?
- Am I planning on moving in less than five years?
Of course, if you’re planning on selling your home in the near future, a basic remodel may help it sell faster!